HEALTHCARE AS HOME: RONALD MCDONALD HOUSE
- Oak Lawn
- 100万 - 1亿
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Sharon Exley, Peter Exley, Architecture Is Fun, Fun Finders, Constantine Vasilios & Associates
- Wood Flooring - Antique Oak
- Carlisle Wide Plank Floors
- Porcelain Tile & Mosaic Tile
- Wood Stain
- Cabot Stains
- Benjamin Moore
- Counter Solid Surfacing
- Corian Surfaces
- Abet Laminati
- Architex LJH
- Office Furnishings
- Steelcase North America
- Outdoor Furnishings
A HOME AWAY FROM HOME IN THE WOODS:
Building a multifamily “home away from home” for families of seriously ill children demonstrates the importance of building a sense of community through support, socialization, and shared experience. The three-story house nestled in a grove of trees greets families upon arrival, expressing the essence of home.
The house brings the serenity that families are looking for.
~ Mary Agnes Laguatan, Director of Programs, Ronald McDonald House Charities
• Economical and responsible construction.
• Sustainable strategies included careful site placement limiting removal of existing trees, green roof atop the porte cochêre, reduction of heating and cooling costs, and lessening storm water run-off in a neighborhood susceptible to flooding.
• Recycled carpet content, reuse of FSC antique wood flooring, Energy Star appliances, natural content furnishings and fabrics, and low-flow fixtures.
• Designed through an envisioning process with family end users, hospital representatives, and members of the board of the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
• Services over 600 families, 850 meals, and encourages volunteerism at 30,000 hours per year.
This house keeps families together when they need each other most. By building this house, we change lives.
~ Bill Keyser, RMHC Board of Directors.
Outstanding Project Award, Association of Subcontractors and Affiliates, 2008 – 2009.
Award given to recognize an outstanding project.